Improve Bladder Control: Evidence-Based Bladder Retraining Program
This multimedia e-course teaches an evidence-based exercise program specifically designed to reduce leaking bladder, embarrassing accidents and nighttime trips to the bathroom by exercising the muscles that control bladder. You will also learn basics about bladder health, common bladder problems, and normal aging of the bladder to help you understand how to better take care of yourself and your loved ones - so you can live life to the fullest!
DescriptionIs this you or someone you love or care for?
- Making more than one trip to the bathroom at night disrupts a good night’s sleep?
- Having embarrassing bladder accidents?
- Urinating too often during the day (more than 8 times)?
- Rushing to the toilet because the urge to urinate is irresistible?
- Avoiding leaving the house – or – plan locations for pit stops before leaving the house?
- Bladder leaking with a cough, laugh or sneeze?
- Purposefully avoiding drinking water to prevent bladder accidents?
Many bladder problems are under-diagnosed and under-treated.The good news is that the bladder is a hollow muscle and its function is controlled by muscles, so bladder control responds to exercise. Many people see improvement in as little as 2-6 weeks of this exercise program.
Today, there is a solid body of evidence to show how to retrain the bladder with specific targeted exercises and education.Dr. Bell has reviewed the evidence to create this course just for you - and your loved ones! This program is effective for BOTH men and women.
|Module 1||Introduction and Program Overview|
|Unit 1||Video: Bladder Retraining Program Overview|
|Unit 2||Handout: Exploring the Unspoken: Incontinence|
|Module 2||Bladder Retraining Fundamentals|
|Unit 1||Handout: Bladder Retraining Concepts: Yes, You Can!|
|Module 3||Bladder Retraining Exercise Program|
|Unit 1||Video: Instructional Video for Bladder Control Exercises 1 & 2|
|Unit 2||Handout: Photo-Enhanced Instructions for Evidence-based Bladder Control Exercise Program|
|Unit 3||Audio-file: Verbal Instructions for Bladder Control Exercises 1 & 2|
|Unit 4||Audio-file: Verbal Instructions for Bladder Control Exercises 3 & 4|
|Module 4||Tools for Success|
|Unit 1||Handout: Goal Setting|
|Unit 2||Handout: Self-Reflection Worksheet|
|Unit 3||Handout: Personal Exercise Journal|
|Unit 4||Handout: Daily Bladder Log|
|Unit 5||Handout: Trouble-Shooting|
|Module 5||Quiz: Improve Bladder Control: Evidence-Based Basic Bladder Retraining Program|
|Unit 1||Quiz: Improve Bladder Control: Evidence-Based Bladder Retraining Program|
When your bladder is out of control, your life can feel out of control.Do you or someone you love or care for want to avoid embarrassment, be free to leave the house, get a better night’s sleep and reduce falls during nighttime bathroom trips? Many people avoid drinking water to prevent embarrassing accidents, which can cause dehydration, dizziness upon standing and chronic bladder infections. Leaking bladder can cause falls in advanced age, making this an urgent problem for older people to directly address sooner rather than later. The risk of falling, fracturing and nursing home placement is higher when bladder problems go unaddressed!
Specifically, weakness in the muscles that control the bladder can cause leaking - or loss of control - of the urine stream.The benefits of this program that many patients have reported and experienced include:
- Fewer trips to the toilet at night allowing improved sleep quality
- Fewer urine leaks during the day
- Less fear about embarrassing bladder accidents
- Improved ability to "wait" to urinate once the "urge to go" is felt
- More freedom to enjoy social activities
- Improved sexual function and enhanced sexual pleasure
-Dr. Kimberley Bell, DPT